Thursday, July 26, 2012

Jons Market

When you think of grocery stores you think of the big 5.  In L.A. County you can run into the local chain that is Jons.  The logo looks (not so) slightly looks like that of another major chain, but that's neither here nor there... Having shopped at the closest store branch to my home in East Hollywood, I feel like I've found a gem nestled in the griminess that Hollywood can sometimes be.  Most people who know me would call me persnickety (to my face) and at first glance I will admit to being not-so excited about this being the closest store to me... But the more I went in, the more comfortable I got with the friendly staff and the store itself.  They have weekly sales that are out of this world and the selection of international alcohol is a 21 year old's wet dream.  All in all I would rate Jons a solid 7.5.  They aren't the greatest when it comes to checking out.  And though I am young and fast moving, the store's patrons seem to be on the more "have you seen my walker" side of life.

And okay, I still have yet to buy from their meat department.  But... baby steps.  I'm still the mayor for the store on Foursquare.  In the mean time, I'll keep going back for the great vodka sales (sometimes under $10 for a good bottle) and limes .18 for 2 lbs.  Because what's a vodka tonic without the twist...

Jons http://www.jonsmarketplace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment